BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Zwinky Layouts »

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Solo here I come!

Well tonight consists of packing as tomorrow we are embarking on our first immersion! The group has been split in half and tomorrow myself and 10 other people will be heading to the town of Solo for three nights. We are going to be staying in the community tambo, which is a cane and palm leaf indigenous structure, right by the river Mayo. There will be beds and mattresses (which I was not expecting) however there will not be running water or electricity. The cooks from the Sachamana Center will be coming with us so we don't have to worry about dangerous food and we are also bringing jugs of water. In Solo we are going to be working with irrigation and experimental sustainable agriculture and be planting trees. 


I'd write more but I have to get packing! I will post again when I return :) 

0 comments: